Friday, November 30, 2007

How I met my LOVE

I will try to make this short.

Josh and I both attended the same church for a long time. He was 2 years older so I wasn't really in youth group with him, since he rarely came and left before I started coming.
He knew who I was though.

Anyway, he began to come back to church with his friend Chris, who was my friend Shae's cousin/friend.

On my 18th birthday on March 4, 1999, me and Shae were meeting Angela at the mall to pick her up after she got off work. We were headed to dinner to celebrate my big 18.

Well Chris knew Shae was going to the mall, so he came too, and brought Josh along.
When we got to the parking lot they (Josh) were driving a Jeep Wrangler with a snow plow on the front...I though that was hilarious and ridiculous...I still laugh at that...but he worked for a company that plowed driveways in the winter and Jeeps can get into driveways easier so it isn't as stupid as I thought!
Somehow they invited themselves to dinner with us.
I immediatley thought Josh was a cutie (kinda long hair, jeans white shirt and black leather jacket).

I felt like an idiot when I kept having to complain that there was bacon in my food. I was not eating meat at the time (I still don't eat beef, but I do eat pork now).
So I left thinking he thought I was an idiot or something, but it didn't matter because he was cute, but he drove a Jeep with a snow plow=)

We ended up hanging out with Chris and Josh a few more times in the next couple weeks.
I started to have feeling for Josh.

I had Chris's cell phone number which was really Josh's and I didn't know that.
So one day I called and Josh asked why I never talked to him, since this was really his phone.
"UHHH...not sure hot guy because I really like you and not Chris", is what I was thinking.

So I called and talked to Josh a few times.
One day I went over to where they were living and hung out with Chris for the day, and then later Josh came home and Chris was going to go to a club...but I had promised Angela I would wait until she was 18 and we would go to our first club together.
So I ended up hanging out with Josh.

That night we talked and I asked if he would take me to my Prom.
And he sappily replied "Only if yo will go out with me?"
I said YES and we kissed and he replied "That was one hell of a first kiss" AWE!

That was the end of March (24th to be exact), and were joined at the hip ever since.
I then got pregnant at the end of October, Merci was born the following July and we got married in November 2000.

And we have been married for 7 years=)

I know he was the man I was supposed to marry, I love him more every day.
As Josh would say...
"We just fit"

And since I recently posted pics of our wedding I will leave you with
this picture of us while we were dating



and at my graduation!


(I am so thankful to have those memories with him)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

what a nice story:) This was fun! I also think you put the wrong link for your friend Shae. I like the "we just fit" quote. So describes Michael and I:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for participating, Donna.

Very sweet story. I cannot believe how many people end up marrying a friend of a friend. That says alot for friends!

I love all the photos - dating and wedding. Very nice.

Candi said...

Awww...what a great story!! I guess 2000 was a great year to marry!!

Great pictures, too!

Drea said...

hehe yall look SOOOO young. Not that you look OLD now but you look really young here. SO cute. Great story2

Amy said...

Very cute story. I love it when High School relationships grow into lasting marriages. It's nice to have so much history with your spouse.

Bek said...

:) i loved hearing it, donna...i don't think i ever heard all of it...the snow plow part and all....:) ....joined at the hip made me laugh :)