Sunday, November 11, 2007

Yummy

I am going to share a delicious recipe with you. It is a favorite Fall/holiday recipe for many, but I like to make it a bit different.

Pumpkin Roll

You will need:

For cake:
powdered sugar
3/4 C all-purpose flour ( I use half whole what to make myself feel better!)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 C sugar
2/3 C pumpkin (regular)

For filling:
12 oz cr. cheese
1 C powder sugar
9 TBSP butter (soft)
2 tsp vanilla

#1Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease a jelly-roll pan or any baking sheet with edges, after greasing line with wax paper, now grease the top of the wax paper & flour it. Bake for 13-25 minutes until cake is springy!

#2While the cake is baking sprinkle a kitchen towel with powdered sugar. When the cake is done baking turn upside down on the sugared towel and peel the wax paper off. Roll the cake up in th towel. (start with narrow end) Cool.

#3Now you need to mix the filling ingredients up. I use a mixer to make it extra fluffy. And boy do I wish I had a Eclectrics® Mixer. Then I could just let the mixer mix the filling until it was fluffy, while I clean up my mess and watch to make sure I don't over cook the cake. I am always doing so many things at one I forget about something. Having a stand mixer would be SO convenient.

#4 Now you need to carefully unroll the cake , remove from the towel and spread the filling over the whole cake. You now need to re roll the cake and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a few hours and serve this YUMMY cake!

I suggest the Hamilton Beach® Mixer
Just because it is one of the best mixers out there. With so much power and capability, it makes making even the biggest mixing recipe easy!
Who needs elbow grease?



Hamilton Beach® Stand Mixer
has more power, more power setting and much quieter operation than it's competition.
I think having one of these will open up more opportunity for baking in my house!
Sounds like a blast to use and makes things a lot easier.


I am putting this on my Christmas list this year, I just need to figure out hat color to choose!
It comes in 6 different colors: Pineapple, Licorice, Sterling, Apple, UltraMarine and Sugar!
They even have fun names=)





1 comment:

VICTORIA said...

Thanks for this post. I was just talking to my husband about making a pumpkin roll, or two and looking up a recipe! I'll use yours, no nuts, I hate nuts!