Friday, August 31, 2007

Strikes me as a waste of time.

I was just on the local news website. There have been a number of bomb threats to stores around the US 3 being about a hour from where I live.

Below is an exert of the article: Tell me if you think the person making the bomb threat is going to answer any of these questions. I think it is silly. But I guess I don't work for the FBI. The smart arse comments are added by me!

The FBI says while it knows the threats may be alarming to the public, the agency suggests the following steps and questions when responding to a potential threat call.
1. Questions to ask the caller:
  • When is the bomb going to explode?
  • Would you mind letting me know my exact time of death please.
  • Where is the bomb located right now?
  • The cops would like to turn off the bomb, why don't you tell me where it is.
  • What does it look like?
  • I am an ameature, can you please describe what the bomb looks like, in detail please, I need to draw a picture B4 I run for my life.
  • What kind of bomb is it?
  • Because I would like to know how much of the building is going to blow up
  • What will cause it to explode?
  • Because I'd like to know how I can blow up the building I am currently in.
  • Did you place the bomb?
  • Because it really matters who put it there.
  • Why?
  • It wasn't because you wanted us to give you lots of money, just like you told me was it?
  • What is your address?
  • I am sending the cops right over, would you mind giving me your address.

  • What is your name?
  • Why would the person incriminate themselves??
  • What is your phone number?
  • Excuse me Mr Bomb Threat man or woman can I have your phone number, maybe we can go out sometime!

    I thought this might make someone else laugh, NOT because bomb threat s are funny, just the fact that the FBI would tell people to ask questions like those. If someone called me and it was a bomb threat I would start screaming and running not jot down the answers to silly questions.

    Have a nice weekend!

    2 comments:

    Gina said...

    Kind of scary and funny at the same time!

    Crystal said...

    LOL Donna, you are hilarious! So, wow, there are 3 of them? I only heard about one. May God have mercy (or not )on the bomb threatener.