Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Lots of...

paid post and not many personal ones. Sorry.

I started school this week so I have that taking up my time now. And since Merci started school last Tuesday Ethan has been much more needy of my time. Which is good. I love him and can't believe how much he is growing and I want to cherish every moment, while he is still somewhat "little".

If you can keep Merci n your prayers, she is going to see a surgeon today. When Merci was 9 months old she had an umbilical hernia fixed. I the last few months I have notice a bulge on the side of her belly button. Merci's doctor said it was something we should get checked out. Merci is very fearful of getting surgery, and has proceeded tot ell me she won't be attending her appointment today. "I wont be there with you mom, no way!" LOL. I find it humorous.

I would rather have a minor surgery again, rather than have a funky looking belly for the rest of her life. Although not being able to show her belly off as a teen does appeal to me! HAHA.

Anyway... I will let you know the outcome of the visit today. i will try my hardest to stay on top of my blog even with lots of school work (an accelerated math class at that...ugggg)! I can do it though!

UPDATE:

I always knew my daughter was special..LOL. She is one of 1-5% of people who get recurring umbilical hernias. Nice huh. But the spot I was worried about wasn't the problem. So was God just bringing something to my attention to take her in?? I always feel weak when I decide to get my kids surgery or take them to t he doctor instead of standing firm in Faith that God will heal them. Such a fine line, huh? I am one to just do it now, especially since we have insurance right now and don't know what the future holds. I will talk to hubby tonight and we will decide. I will let you know what our decision is.

Just so you know it is a out patient surgery, and she won't miss much school, the day of surgery and the next. She will have to refrain from strenuous physical activity for 6 week to protect the healing process. Merci isn't in any extra curricular activities so it doesn't really mean anything much for her.

I wish I could post pictures of what her belly used to look like, but I don't know how to hook up our scanner, but I will need it for my math class, so I may post one soon.

TA TA for now=)

2 comments:

Bek said...

thanks for letting us know!!! i know God will lead you and give your family all the wisdom you need! not a fun or easy thing to go thru - although the teen/belly showing comment made me laugh! :)at least you are keeping your sense of humor :)

Autumn said...

thinking of you guys. keep us posted. thank God for insurance, right?