Thursday, August 30, 2007

Why am I expected

Why am I (or women in general) expected to hold the fort down all day long and when the husband comes home be all smiles as if nothing stressful happened all day long?

This doesn't stem from anything in particular, just a day that I feel I achieved nothing and got walked on by a bunch of kids and got nothing in return ( it isn't bedtime yet, so I haven't received the snuggle I really need right now).

Why is it we have to deal with these horrible, hormone changes every few weeks. I feel as if I will burst out into sobbing if my husband looks at me the wrong way. I am just filled up to the tip of my head, I am at exploding point.

Hormones+math work all day+whiny children demanding stuff of me+making dinner and kitchen is back to tornado aftermath=my weepy state.

Lately the last few months I have been having a hard time realizing I am growing up and so are all my friends around me. I haven't talked to someone who means a lot to me in so long and I just wan to go back to being 16 with no obligations or worries.

So here I am venting to all of you who read this. I am an emotional mess today, the chocolate donuts and ice cream did not help. I smell because I did not shower today, I just want to go crawl in a hole and hide. We all have days like this, huh?

I should go watch a sad sappy movie so I can realize my life isn't all that bad.

7 comments:

Beth said...

We all have days like this. You are not alone! Some days I feel like I have to be everything for everybody and then when the day is done I have nothing left for me. Hormones definitely don't help...I can never think clearly around that time. God sees you and your struggles...He loves you and see what you do for your family and others and is soooo proud of who you are!

FlipFlop Mom said...

HA.. Yup.. so remember those days honey pie.. now I'm on the emotional rollercoaster of.. "Where is everyone?? why am I home alone... will they be home to eat my dinner that I worked so hard to make... or will McDonalds win over ME tonight"

Through the ups and the downs.. I have praised God that no matter what.. what kind of day I had..my face would be there for my kids to see.. I was blessed to have stayed home through it all... the good.. the bad.. and the most beautiful.. Peanut butter and fluffl kisses ever....

They grow up to fast darling..to fast.. and hey.. I'm 34 and still want to go find kids to play with.. give up all this adult stuff for a bit.. LOL LOL LOL.. Keep your chin up!!

OH and THANK YOU for your song.. I LOVE LOVE that song!!!!!

Wendy said...

I feel the same way sometimes after a LONG day with the kids! I am still working even though I am at home. Watching other peoples kids plus mine doesn't leave much time to get other household chores done. I never pretend to not be stressed:) I will tell Michael to watch out because I am in a grumpy mood! LOL!!

I hope that you are feeling better after the venting!

Mrs. Stam said...

Days like these I jsut want to be alone ususly with a good book and a comfy blanket!
No your not alone

Bek said...

hopefully tonite will help? maybe u will beat your hubbie at a round of mini golf and that will lift your spirits??? :)

luvya

Bek said...

also commented on below belly post

Crystal said...

Gurl...I know what you're going through. No, I don't have kids, but I know how you feel when it comes to hormones. Vent all you want, that's what your friends are here for! Oh, and btw, Caleb looked at me the wrong way the other day (which was not a good day at all) and I ended up in ripping into him. Hormones are such fun aren't they? =)