Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Nap Time

Nap time is getting harder and harder.
My little guy is getting too smart.
Over the last few weeks I have tried different techniques.

I have allowed to him to watch 1 show before nap, I announce to him that when this show is over you will be going to nap. He responds "Yes, Momma." I get a big smile on my face, and think to myself what an awesome little guy I have, and then when the show is over the fight begins.

I have tried setting a timer and telling him that when the timer goes off it will be nap time.

I have tried to put him down at a certain time and will read him 2 books.

Today he slept in the car for 10 minutes and when we got in the driveway was magically up, so I let him watch the 1 show, as I was turning off the TV Ethan says(with the cutest little face, may I add) "When timer goes off, I go to nap, okay momma?" I just melted and said Okay honey!
But when the timer went off he was still eating his candy (he went #2 in the potty) so he thought he could buy more time. Then I realized that I really need to be firm with him. I made him set his candy on the table and go to bed, he got out a million times and I still am not sure if he is sleeping or playing.

We have to go get Merci in 45 minutes, so I hope he is sleeping.

He usually sleeps for 2 hours, and he definitely needs the nap, I can't wait until school is out, so we can be more flexible with our routine!!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ugh - that must be hard to plan naptime around another child's schedule! Nap/bed-times aren't always joyful occasions around here either, but you are right that we need to be firm - our kids need boundaries and guidelines. I think they'll thank us for them later :)
Way to go Ethan on the potty training - especially the poop :) I'm not sure what it's going to take for Micah to do the big #2 - yesterday it showed up TWICE in his underwear. Lovely.

Margo said...

naps, naps, naps....I wish my oldest would sleep for just one hour a day, but alas, he's outgrown his naps!