Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day weekend

We had a pretty nice long weekend! I was a little sad because we tried to get a camping trip together, but it didn't work out. And since the Brucks, are far far away, there are no kids to keep our kid entertained=( So I am not sure if we will get to do any big camping trips this summer or not, but we will try.
Friday night we had a girls poker night at Kelly's, lots of fun! Complete with spinach dip, peanut M&M's, Mitchells ice cream, Klondike bars and cheesy garlic biscuits...not to mention some yummy "girly drinks"!
Saturday I had to go grocery shopping with both kids=( and then after Josh did a small job he came home to fix my Jeep (front brakes..we just did the back ones a month ago, ujoints, new battery connections, my Jeep has been deciding not to start at random locations, so we hope this was the problem and rotors)! It sounds great and I feel much safer!
Sunday we went to church, took naps and took the kids to see Shrek 3 and then went out to eat.
Monday Josh finished building (actually fixing the broken one) Ethan's barn. He loves it!! and then we went to Josh's parents for a cookout and a swim in the big pool! Josh and I watched DEJAVU.

With lots of laughs and some color to my body, I would say it was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Sounds like a fun-filled weekend except taking the kids to the grocery store on a Saturday! We miss you guys so much every time we think about camping! We had a TOTAL BLAST on our camping trip a couple weeks ago!!! Arkansas has tons of gorgeous places to camp! I think we're going again at the end of June. My aunt and uncle (who live 1/2 mile from us) have 5 kids (similar ages) and they're getting bit by the camping bug. :) It's still not the same without you!