Friday, September 14, 2007

The good

In my quiet time I was going over my notes from Sunday.

Sunday our pastor was talking about Mark10:46-52
and the faith and desperation of th blind beggar Bartimaeus. Even though Jesus knows what he wants before he asks, Jesus still asks Bartimaeus, "What do you want me to do for you?" Bartimaeus without hesitating and ignoring the rebuke of the people asks for his sight. Jesus replies "Go your way; your faith has made you well."

Our pastor told us to ponder this question:
"What is it I want if God was to ask me?"
I answered:
1.) I want my knees to be healed.
2.) I want to be healthy so I can enjoy life as a child
3.) I want to remain focused w/Him to never be distracted again.

Our pastor also told us we need to know our heart, and to know the good and not just the bad.
I made a list of the good, here is what I have so far:
caring, giving, understanding, gracious, forgiving, I desire to walk with God, I love and am wiling to learn more about loving, I am a servant, I have faith.

I am sure there are more for me...and if you know one I have left out go on and share=)

Let me leave you with this verse that goes along with the previous post about this being the week before Yom Kippur, the Days of Awe, the days of repentance and restitution.

This is a year of new beginnings ( the new year in the Jewish calender is 5768)

Hosea 10:12

Sow for yourselves righteousness,
reap steadfast love
break up your fallow ground
for it is the time to seek the Lord!

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Good thoughts! And too bad you don't live closer to me or I'd give you some of my tomatoes...I'm thinking I'll have WAY too many!