Monday, September 10, 2007

BEWARE Unknown Caller 102

Scary.

I just got a call from some Asian person telling me I was a chosen citizen to receive a $5,000 grant.

I was curious and if someone offered you that much money wouldn't you be too?

I know to ask for something in writing, which I did, but the guy kept repeating the same thing over and over about how this money was coming from the US government.
He knew my address, I gave him my name (ugh) and I gave him my DOB ( ugh again)
then he asked for my bank information. NO.

I hung up because I was scared. He called back.
And asked kind of mean "What happened Donna?"

I told him the kids were being too loud.

He said I could tell he was calling from the government because there would be 3 numbers on the caller id.

The caller ID said
Unknown Caller 102.

I still wasn't giving him any info.
He said to give him an account number to an account with no money or a negative balance..because we all have bank account with no money, right??

He said on Saturday I would have the money in my account, because it takes 24-36 hours. Well It's Monday, so 24-36 hours would be way before Saturday.

So I said Sorry sir I am not giving you any more information.
Ans he hung up on me.


What the heck.

So Beware.

If you hear anymore about this let me know.
I looked it up and all the sites lead back to a patent website??

Should I call someone and report this?? Who??
What do I do??

6 comments:

Wendy said...

scary...I have heard of those kind of calls and you should def. call your police dept. Not 911 obviously!!! They could always lead you to the right person to call if not them. This way other people can be warned!!

Mrs. Stam said...

This is really strange! hope he does not try to call back, but how did he et you adress?

Crystal said...

Wow, that is scary. It just doesn't really add up. You should let Josh have a piece of him if he calls again!

VICTORIA said...

Wow! So, I haven't gotten a phone call, but many emails stating exactly what you are describing, I have been marking them as spam and deleting them. What should we do? I wonder if there is some way to report it...

Gina said...

I've heard of this happening before. Truly scary and I PROMISE you they would have taken everything. Smart thinking on your part! Whew!

Andrea said...

Ahh! That is scary! Those kind of things freak me out! It's a good thing you didn't give him any more info than you did!