Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Babblings and Bees

I'm Alive, I'm Alive, I'm Alive, I'm Alive.
God has given more than I could ever have wanted.

The above were things that stuck out to me in Sunday worship.
I had a rough day Saturday. Josh was gone long when he was supposed to have a shorter day. I was glued in front of this computer for HOURS trying to do my whole week of math in one day. The kids weren't bad, I just couldn't do 5 things at once, ya know. So I was stressed today the least.

When Sunday morning came around those songs were exactly what I needed. On days like Saturday the horrible thought come creeping into my head "I wish I didn't have kids" "I just want to be able to do my own thing when I want to" etc etc. I love my kids dearly and would have it no other way. But the enemy attacks in our weakness.

I am Alive,and there will be hard days but I will get through them and God's mercies will be new the next morning. Although the kid season is rough at times I need to sit back and enjoy it. I do see more appreciation of my kids daily. God gave me these things because he knew what I needed, and I needed them!

So I am refreshed, and now the allergies are hitting=(

And talking about allergies, Thank God my son is NOT allergic to bee stings.

The poor kid got attacked by bees yesterday=(
We were at a picnic and we all heard his screams, he came running to me and I see 20-30 bees all over his clothes, I start screaming and freaking out ripping his clothes off him, as he is screaming also. I run with him inside where a wonderful nurse friend is already preparing a baking soda mix. We get him calmed down enough to get the paste on his 3 bites on his arm. And we give him some Benadryl.
He was fine after the overall shock. And ended up with only 3 stings on his arm. And the medicine didn't even knock him out.
He is fine today, he has a rash on his back, but it might just be a heat rash.

Well I am off to put the little stinker to nap!

Hope you all had a fun weekend. We did.

5 comments:

Jason said...

I'm picking up some raid today to take care of those bees. I knew something was up when I had 5 bees circling me while I was cooking hamburgers...bees don't like hamburgers and I didn't have anything sweet on me. Ethan helped us find the nest behind the grill.

Wendy said...

*UGH* I was panicking just reading this! I am deathly afraid of bees and I can not even imagine Wes or Lani running up to me with bees all over them! I am soooo glad to hear that he is okay!! Atleast you now know he is not allergic! rough way to find out though.

I think you are a strong person just for going to school and taking care of your family! I really don't think that I could do it! I am so glad that you have God to get you through the tough times:)

Crystal said...

Wow. Poor Ethan! God is good getting you through the rough times, and protecting little Ethan from those stupid bees (I hate bees). Long live raid!

VICTORIA said...

Hope Ethan is doing okay! We've been there done that this summer too! Bee's be gone!

Bek said...

awww, poor ethan. :( i would be so upset too!!!! sunday morning was good, wasn't it, turned our hearts back upwards! i loved the i'm alive part too!