Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Everyone join in!!

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to come up with meal ideas for my family. I don't
mind cooking, but I don't like spending hours in the kitchen either (especially since it is so ugly and old...I dream of the day I have an oven that is not 60 years old and can tell what temperature it is).
I have gone through my favorite meals list so many times that we are loosing interest. I used to get Taste of Home magazine, which I love, but there are usually way more dessert recipes than food, so I am looking for new food magazine to get. I also used to get the Kraft Food and Family magazine, it doesn't come all that often and the meals aren't that nutritious.
I like dinner to be a balanced meal, most of the time.
Do you have any great dinner recipes, or side dishes??

In the next week I am encouraging you to share a few on your blog.
Tell your friends too. You can never have too many meal ideas.

If you don't know I read your blog, leave a comment letting me know you are taking part.
Most of you I have on blog lines and check frequently=)

I am really excited to see some great ideas.
I will post some you may enjoy too.

4 comments:

VICTORIA said...

I got one for ya! Check my blog out!

Autumn said...

A shameless plug for a site some of the women in my family contribute to... (recipes and food tips, I mean) http://savarysensations.blogspot.com/ We haven't updated in awhile, but I hope to find my cooking groove again now that AUTUMN is fast-approaching!!! I invited Andy to my Autumn Sleepover this Saturday. :) Wish you all could be here, too!

Mrs. Stam said...

That is a great idea I did have a few recipies onmy blog I might sendlinks to you!

Yesturday I made fry green tomatos! So yummy for a side dish and so easy!

Cut green tomatos, batter them with cornmeal and salt and peppers(I add cummin) and fry them with veg oil that is very easy!

Wendy said...

That sounds like a lot of fun:) I will TRY to remember to do this! Feel free to remind me!! LOL!! I use the Kraft magazine and I totally agree with you about the meals being unhealthy. I just use the basic idea, but change it to be more healthy. Does that make sense?