Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Day of Spring my BUTT

We got a wonderful Spring surprise yesterday-1-2 inches of SNOW. How nice. (totally sarcastic).

I am so ready to get outside. The snow is worse because Spring is here, the warm weather is so close I can almost reach it.
My husband needs to work, we are running out of money and that is stressful.

I am done complaining, for today.

I am excited about Easter.
I love stuffing eggs for our family Easter egg hunt.
I love making the baskets up for the kids.
My husband and I decided that celebrating with baskets etc is fine, because it is kinda hard to get young kids to understand the real emotions and miracle about Jesus dying on the cross and rising again.
We do do the resurrection eggs, which goes through the whole story, doing that and quizzing our kids on the meaning of Easter is all we can do, we are planting seeds.
We do not focus on the Easter bunny, but we did take E to see him.
But why not celebrate the new life we have by blessing our kids!!

Looking forward to ham and potatoes=)


4 comments:

Wendy said...

It is yucky here today also:( Just cloudy and cold. We aren't even having an egg hunt this year:( Too much snow and we are going to the in laws. Their house is ripped apart from construction so she didn't want to have an indoor one:( BOO!! We are going to have one for Wesley and Lani at our house. Wesley will have a blast going out into the 2 feet of snow to search!! Lani can just stick to the driveway. Oops! Another book...sorry:(

Anonymous said...

it LOOKS beautiful here, so i thought i'd open some windows and air out the house. i quickly discovered that 45* is still cold, sunshine or not.

but i'm grateful for no snow. : )

VICTORIA said...

I am having fun this year with baskets too! Enjoy your easter!
Sorry it's a snowy one. But, hey, look at it this way...a very UN challenging easter egg hunt :)

Melissa said...

Sorry about your weather :(
I cant wait for easter too! I love the baskets and the eggs. We are dyeing the eggs Saturday night, woo hoo!