Monday, March 10, 2008

Bragging

I want to to brag on my kids. I usually tell the bad stuff, the annoying stuff.
So I thought I should let you know how proud of my kids I am.
For about a week now, they have been playing SO WELL together. Some fighting and bickering, but very minimal.
They like to build forts in various places around the house and play, which usually results in a huge mess by lugging their stuff to all parts of the house, but I am trying not to let that bug me (trying is the key word). Today they were playing Easter egg hunt, recently I brought out the Easter stuff and they found the eggs. It was cute though.
E boy also likes to watch M girl play her Ninten Dogs DS game.

I am very impressed and encouraged that sibling rivalry doesn't last forever, and that maybe we are doing something right as parents to encourage our kids to like one another.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

That is awesome! I know I am always SO proud of my son when he listens well, etc...and I'm sure I'll be dealing with this sibling rivalry thing pretty soon too since baby #2 is due in a few months! But hopefully we can work it out...like you did! Good luck...and hopefully they keep playing well together!

Gina said...

How wonderful. With my two oldest being 5 and 2 I look forward to the days when they will play sweetly together the majority of the time. I can't really complain either and they do have some good laughs, but I think they'll be much better friends a year or two down the road.

VICTORIA said...

Ah ha! Easter is already at your house too? Too funny, my Drew has been doing it for the younger ones for atleast a week. She is so tickled at how excited and surprised Leah is to find one. We put fruit snacks, one or two pieces from a bag, in each plastic egg, and she hides them.
And, I know your fort issue. Me too! It is always a huge mess to clean afterward, and they never want to help!
The rivalry starts here, when Drew or Grace take Leah in favor of Beau, you know, 3 girls against that boy, he gets so upset!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh girl.. I understand the "try" not to bug me thing!! LOL LOL.. your lucky that they are playing well together.. my kiddos are 5 years apart and just have never really played together!! :( But the funny thing is they RARELY and I mean RARELY fight too... So I don't know if that's a good thing either???? I don't see it as normal.. LOL LOL.. I had two sisters.. we fought everyday!!!

Melissa said...

That's so sweet. I love watching Gavin and Katelyn play nicely together. Makes my heart melt!

Wendy said...

YAY! I hope it lasts:) Wesley and Lani were playing "house" the other day in his room! SO SWEET! I wanted to tape it, but I didn't want to interrupt them.