Thursday, December 06, 2007

Overwhelmed

by everything I NEED to do. Gotta get out of here. My son is in a horrible stage right now and I don't know how much longer I can deal with it. He goes from sweet to evil in 3 seconds flat. I was reduced to tears today. It is so hard to control my own anger in times like those. I just am at boiling point. I don't know what I can do.

Good thing my Christmas shopping is almost done or no one would be getting gifts.
I am stuck to the house because of him.

Pray for me.

***Updated***

Back so soon, to say I was wrong. I was caught up in stuff that doesn't matter.
Worrying and anxious that I need to do this and that and the next thing..NOW.
I made gingerbread men yesterday. I decorated this morning and place in boxes (that they didn't fit right in...rrr). I put them on the kitchen table, since the counters are stuff full of dirty dishes and stuff I need to do. Ethan was eating lunch (after a 30 minute battle), he got mad and threw the boxes on the floor breaking half the gingerbread men and smudging the not dried frosting making them look not so beautiful=(
Does it matter if I don;t give each of my friends a box of homemade goodies tomorrow night? Nope...all it matters is that I enjoy the time with them. I am stressing over making chocolate covered oreos or pretzels or just molded candies.
What the heck?? Who cares.

Who cares that my house is a mess because I brought all the Christmas decorations down from the attic and they are now all dug through and all over the place.
I have half the mind to put them away and NOT decorate (gasp) I must be turning into a grinch like my husband.

Nope...I just want PEACE.
I want to embrace the season for what is supposed to be about and the reasons it has become about.

I came across an nice daily devotional blog
The message was exactly what I need to hear after the beginning of this post.
Yeah Ethan is stressing me out, but I mostly mad that I don't have time to do all the other stuff.

Lord help me to receive the Peace you have given to me
(John 14:27)

Off to have a better afternoon!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What you described in this post, happens to me all the time. I get overly frustrated with my kids because my agenda has stressed me out. When I abandon my agenda and spend time with my kids things improve.

Thank you for this reminder.

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh Dearest Donna..
1st I want to say THANK YOU for having me WIN.. YAY.. but most importantly... I have been where you are.... and I know how hard it is...
Your son is more important that gifts for friends.. and I'm SURE that they love you totally gifts or NOT!!!! You're a treasure and a GREAT momma... Keep your chin up.. I still have days with my kids that are hair pulling and they are 12 and 17!!! My son was horrible when he was younger.. he had me reduced to tears many times.. and I felt I never had help.. NO ONE wanted to watch him.. EVER... and it was heartbreaking... :( I was S-T-E-S-S-E-D to the max... UGH!!
You are in my prayers.. You'll be at the top cause I KNOW how you feel....

On a side note... if you get a moment.. PLEASE tell me how you cover the oreos.. I use to buy the WHITE CHOCOLATE dipped oreos every holiday.. and I can't find them this year.. and I'm sad!! :(

kelly said...

Donna,
I'm so sorry about your day yesterday! Sounds very crazy and stressful! I will be praying for you that God would give you wisdom on how to make it through this not so fun stage with Ethan.
I was stressing out about the stupid dog, how am I going to deal with kids!?
See you tonight!

Bek said...

well, at least i'm not the only one. :)

it IS a difficult stage.

and there is a little extra stress b/c of the season.

i can relate. you are doing a good job, trying to bring yourself back to the things that matter. :) i've been trying to do that today, too. :)

VICTORIA said...

I so know where you are coming from. After my 4th, I learned to let the sh@! hit the fan, and take it gracefully. I have been more uptight lately, but...your reaction is all too familiar! Your doin' good, just hang in there!