Saturday, June 30, 2007

Early morning sandbox date

Last night Josh and I went to a Young Marrieds ( group from church) cookout at our friends house. It was a good time. Food, friends, volleyball...and a night away from the kids, even though I held everyone else's babies! Anyway. My aunt watched the kids and when we picked them up at 10:30 they were still wide awake. Ethan didn't even fall asleep on the way home. So I thought with a bedtime of 11 pm, I'd get to sleep until at least 8. Ethan had other plans. My aunt let Ethan have this dump truck full of sand toys and he was so excited to play with them. At 7:15 this morning he comes into my room to tell me he wants to go play in the sand box. I begged him to watch TV but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. I watch through the window as he played contently with his new toys, as I read some Proverbs. I then decided since Merci wasn't up yet, that I would join him. I had a nice time. We "cleaned" the sand. Since the lid is never put back on, there were leaves and stuff so we strained it with the strainer and then I got the sand wet so he could build sand castles. He was so happy for like an hour and a half!! Now he is upstairs whining for juice, even though he just finished his 3rd large cup! (Maybe this is why potty training is so hard!...I actually usually don't let him have so much)!

Ok enough of my blabbering.

Enjoy your weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Aww, it sounds like you and Ethan had a nice little mom and son "date"!