Thursday, July 05, 2007

Fireworks and Food stamps

Funny title huh?

Well my story behind it is this:

I live in the city, not the inter city, but the city. The city I live in is the one of the top 40 biggest cities in the world. My neighborhood is ok. Just ok. Not the best but definitely not the worst. We have great neighbors and rarely have issues with them. The 4th of July is the exception to the rule, and we have learned to live with it! We actually enjoy it now!

You see we don't go to the park for fireworks, we go to our front yard. We have people to the left and right and front and back that shoot off more fireworks than the park does. I do miss the beauty of the park ones, but being at home is just more convenient with small kids. I took some videos and pictures so you could see the ghetto-ness that goes on around here, but Josh took the camera with him today=( and mine is so broke=( Oh well.

So where does food stamps come from...well...I always joke that the people around here are on food stamps just so they can afford all the fireworks for the 4th of July!

And just so you know... I won't be around much in the next week or so. VACATION here we come=)

2 comments:

Autumn said...

hope you have SO MUCH FUN!!

Wendy said...

Have a great vacation:)