Friday, June 15, 2007

My bathroom

As you know, I was forced to repaint my bathroom this week. I am not done yet, I took a break, because I was stressing myself out! I painted the bathroom a deeper shade of purple, which I was planning on doing sometime in the future anyway. The original color was too light and didn't match the shower curtain like I wanted. I decided I wanted the trim a tan color, and I decided to use the color we used for our ceiling, since I had a lot left over. It looked yucky! It was flat paint, and it just wasn't the right shade. Instead of painting a small section to see if I liked it I just did everything...silly. So the next day (after Josh told me how ugly it was also!) I redid it all in the original cream color it was...what a waste of time! All this repainting has made me just want to redo everything, the floor, the tub surround the toilet, the bathroom vanities. Too bad we are renting and it would be a waste of our $ to do all of this. I cannot wait to have my own home=)

2 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Bathroom renovation,we are in the prosess of renovating our bathroom also, but were not at the painting stage yet.
we are at the stage where the cealing and wall are comming down!

so it's out out the order fr a couple of month :-(

Andrea said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog! Yeah...renovations! What a lot of work! We are currently in the middle of renovating our basement...and I can't wait until it's done and everything's cleaned up and back in place! But it'll be worth all the mess in the end when it's looking nice! :) Yeah, we rented for a while too before we bought a home, and it's SO nice to have your own home to do whatever you want with. :) Hopefully you can get your own place sometime soon!