Tuesday, June 05, 2007

She is done=(

Merci is officially done with the 1st grade today. I am so proud of her, yet I am so sad to think of my baby as a 2nd grader. She will be 7 on July 9th, which is NOT far away.

She will be going to Summer school starting on Monday, so I still get a half a day break from 2 kids, for a few more weeks.

Am I a bad mom for making my daughter go to FREE Summer school for 3 weeks??

When Merci started school this year, she was having some behavior problems. After a few months we decided to do some kind of reinforcement at home. The teacher did a star chart, and if they were god all day they got a star on their sheet, if not they got a sad face, or if they were kinda good they got a half star. We told Merci if she got a star she would get 1 quarter for that day, if she got a sad face she would get 2 quarters taken out of her jar and for a 1/2 star she would get nothing. If she got a whole week of stars she got to pick a fun activity for the weekend out of the cup.

Today we counted the money and we will take her shopping soon, but she had $25!!! And I probably forgot to give her quarters some days, so we will giver her $30 to go shopping with! That is a lot for a 6, almost 7 year old girl!

I took a picture of Merci on her first day of school this year, I forgot to take one today, but I will tomorrow, just to compare the growth! I will post as soon as I track down the one from the first day of school!

Thanks for reading my ramblings about my daughter....I needed to make a post so you didn't see the payperpost when you come to my blog....and don't be mad I don't like Stephen King but that post was worth $18...not the measly $5 most of them are!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

You are NOT a bad mom for having Merci attend summer school. It will in no way hurt her and it may indeed help her. It's only 3 weeks, it's FREE and she still has the afternoons to play. If this is what you think needs to be done, then don't hesitate girl. She is YOUR daughter and YOU know her best!

Wendy said...

I am sure that she will love being in school! She is at the age where it doesn't really matter to her! I wish our school offered that for Wesley. He really needs a schedule so this Summer is going to be interesting!

We are done on the 18th! I have no idea what to get for his teacher. Especially since she is looping up and is going to be his 2nd grade teacher also. I need to get creative because we have zilcho money!! Maybe an accordion scrapbook or something! I love how Merci knew just what to get her. Wesley just shrugged his shoulder and said "an apple"! How creative!! LOL!

Wendy said...

HA HA! I just realized that I commented about your other blog on this one also! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Summer school is a great idea. This is a very competitive world that we live in, and we need to give our children the best that we can give them. Annette is going to summer school also, and she is 15 today! She didn't like having to go to school on her birthday.