Wednesday, January 23, 2008

::Taste Testing::

I have been asked to taste test a few Grey Poupon mustards and here are my thoughts:

I found a recipe that called for a specific brand of spicy brown mustard, to make a cheesy mustard sauce, since I had the Grey Poupon handy I decided to us that instead. It turned out wonderful.



My husband and I had much fun making and tweaking a new recipe with a new ingredient!
Here is the final product:


We also were very fond of the Hearty Spicy Brown Mustard on ham sandwiches. The Coarse Ground Mustard was not a hit though, I am not a texture person. Mustard is something we do already love in this house, so trying one we may have not tried on our own was fun, plus it brought back fond memories of my childhood.

I used to carpool with this family of boys, crazy boys. They were always yelling things out the window at people, and I was quite the shy one, so this embarrassed me big time. But they always thought it was fun to yell "Pardon me sir, do you have any Grey Poupon?" at old people driving by...LOL. If you grew up in the 80's I am sure you remember that commercial! And I am sure you have used that line yourself at some point.

3 comments:

jennwa said...

I love Grey Poupon. That soup looks good.

FlipFlop Mom said...

LOL LOL YES!! I remember that commercial... I would use the course mustard in breads!! I just made a Mustard Dill bread... it was YUMMY!!!

Candi said...

Yum--Is that the pretzel chicken?? It looks so good. After seeing it on your meal plan I had to search for it. I found the recipe online and will be trying it soon!!