Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ethan's prayer and more!

We always pray with our kids before bedtime, and I have encouraged Ethan to pray on his own as well. He has been doing so well, but this is hi sprayer for everything (bedtime, dinner...)

"Jesus, Help our bodies feel good, Daddies and Ethans and mommies and Mercis and everyone in our town. Amen"

I think the everyone in out town part is pretty funny, because town is not a word we usually say around here. He is too cute!

Ethan's breathing seems to be getting better. I guess he was up a lot last night.
(Here is where I have to admit that, I rarely hear the kids at night, not sure why, Josh always get up with them...I try to tell him he is dreaming, because I don't see how I can just sleep through them crying and Josh getting out of bed...at least he hears them.)

For Christmas Merci got Ethan a Spiderman ( his newest infatuation) puzzle.



I wasn't sure he would be able to do it ( age 3+ 24 pc). Christmas Day he showed me how wrong I was.
After a long day at my Grandmas we came home and had to keep the kids occupied for a few hours before bedtime, without falling asleep ourselves. Ethan found the puzzle, opened it and proceeded to sit at the kitchen table for an hour putting it together. I helped him with only 5 pieces. I was amazed.
He still sits at the table and puts the puzzle together and takes it apart about 3 times a day...all by himself now.


I am so amazed because Merci can't even do the 24 piece puzzles, she gives up so quickly.

We have enjoyed the 60+ degree days but back to low 40's tommorow=(
We even walked to the corner store and got ice cream to eat on our porch...our Summer tradition, but today we had ice cream on our porch in JANUARY!


We are really anticipating Spring now.

Ethan had fun watching daddy work on the car from way up high (Yes someone was right next by him)


Good Night.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Ethan has brains and looks. Lock up yer daughters!

Wendy said...

Ethan is adorable:) I can't believe how much he has grown!! I love the prayers. Too cute when they come out with things like that!

Bek said...

i'm impressed with ethan's puzzles too! and the prayer is priceless! :)

got your comment on myspace....hangin in there...doing well...38 1/2 appt. tomorrow....hopefully more news then....