Friday, October 12, 2007

Some Recipes

Here is my husbands favorite Fall/Winter Soup.

Sausage Bean Soup
(Not sure where I got this recipe...Taste of Home or Mr Food, maybe)

3/4 lb bulk Italian sausage
( I use the Bob Evans It sausage in the roll...but you can get it from the meat counter also)
1/2 C chopped onion
1 garlic clove minced
(I used Tastefully Simples Garlic Garlic...we love LOTS of garlic)
1 can (15 1/2 oz) butter beans, rinsed and drained
( I like the mini butter beans but they are hard to find)
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes (seasoned ones taste good too),undrained
1-2 cans beef broth (depending on how much broth you like)
1 TBSP mined fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
2 TBSP shredded Parmesan cheese

In large saucepan cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is browned; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, broth and basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle each serving w/cheese.
**Tonight I added chopped fresh spinach for added nutrition...and because it was already out on the counter! We haven't tasted it yet, Josh isn't home yet. I am sure it is good though!



AND

If you want the other recipe go to I know I am Not Alone ( I finally am updating!)



2 comments:

VICTORIA said...

MMM, yum, I'll have to try it!
I've tagged you donna, so check out my blog!

Bek said...

that looks amazing!!!!!!