Friday, October 19, 2007

Scary story

When I was pregnant with Ethan I was sick and having a hard time catching my breath. I have a history of asthma, so the doctors office told me to go to the ER for a few breathing treatments. When I got there they noticed my blood oxygen was VERY low, so they immediatley said they were admitting me. After a few set of lung x-rays they thought a spot on my lungs was possibly a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in my lungs). So I was put on blood thinners and put through a series of different tests that would reveal if it was a blood clot or not. Being pregnant I should not have had any of the tests I did, but it was either me dying(if it was a blood clot in my lungs) or trying to save both of us. It was a very scary time and even after being sent home...with no diagnosis, because they never found a blood clot and my blood oxygen did go back to normal...I wished I had a pulse oximeter to make sure I was OK.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

we sure could use a pulse oximeter at our house this week!