Thursday, October 18, 2007

Harvest Time

I really enjoy the Fall season, the beauty, the crisp air, the smell, hayrides, pumpkins, apples, cider...it just makes me smile.

Last weekend we went to MapleSide Farms to enjoy the fun Fall activities.

We went on a horse drawn hayride through the apple orchard
(There most memorable part was the horse pooping..we were right up front..why do kids think poop is funny?)



We then went to see if our seats for the Sunday buffet were ready, but they weren't so we went to buy some overpriced apples and yummy apple cider.
We played in the straw play area.



Then went to eat at the yummy over-priced Sunday buffet.
Good food, just kinda expensive..they didn't charge us for either of the kids so that was a nice surprise.

Then we went to get face/arm paintings and headed home!



Nope I didn't forget the getting the pumpkins part...we didn't get any, I only had a little cash (forgot to go tot the bank) and they are much cheaper at a store by us anyway!

It was a beautiful day to enjoy the outdoors and each other=)


Stay tuned for our pumpkin carvings.
They are awesome=)

5 comments:

Wendy said...

how fun!! I love fall activities:)

FlipFlop Mom said...

I love the paintings.. and the animals.. and it all!!!! LOL LOL... The pumpkins at our farm this year were OUTRAGEOUSLY priced... I didn't have any problem saying NO WAY to a $15.00 Pumpkin.. I just couldn't believe it!!!!

Can't wait to see the carvings!!!!

Shanilie said...

Aww, this looks like a LOT of fun. I love the pictures...especially the climbing tree one. I LOVEd climbing trees when I was younger. Now my joints aren't quite what they used to be. Looking forward to seeing your carved pumpkins :)

Bek said...

awwwwwww :) great pics of u guys......we're havin some great fall weather.....can't wait to see the punkins.......

VICTORIA said...

Merci is such a beautiful girl!
I really need to get my kids to he pumkin patch! We haven't even carved pumpkins yet!!!