Thursday, October 04, 2007

DUH

After I got an e-mail from Wendy this morning, asking how Merci was doing, I was thinking, I gotta get my camera hooked up to the computer, so I can show some pictures of her. And then it dawned on me...we have a card reader. Duh...so all these pictures I have been taking with my new camera have been sitting on that memory card for no reason. I think I didn't think about the card reader because my old memory card didn't fit it. Oh well, now I know and so now I can update you all on Merci's surgery.

Merci was getting a little stir crazy after the 1 1/2 hr wait to get called back. She was happy to get a beautiful Snow White doll from the nurses.
Beats a sticker any day...huh??


You can see all the red marks from the tape they had on her face=(
This is right after surgery in recovery as she was coming off the morphine.


This is her belly. Not a huge boo boo.
The white things are Steri strips and act like stitches.
They will fall off when the wound is healed. About 7-10 days.


This is Merci at home, resting on the couch with all her gifts.
On the Right you can see the beautiful flowers daddy brought home for her.


And this is my cute son!
I LOVE this picture.

He has been so sweet to his sissy, before surgery he told her "there's noting to worry about sissy"
He isn't too gentle with her, but she gets lots of kisses from him!

Merci is recovering well, still soar, but she is up and about.
We had to go somewhere yesterday and first thing she did was go down the slide...kids!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

A snow white doll? She is one lucky girl:) Glad to hear that everything went so well! It's awesome that you can use your card reader now! yay for more pictures!!

Mrs. Stam said...

Those picture are great!!! hoping that the recovery goes well!

Ps I posted another few recipes that you might be interested to do!!!

Andrea said...

I'm glad everything went so well! And that's so cute that her bro is taking good care of her too! :)

Mrs. Stam said...

Oh about white sugar, I usualy use honey or corn surup for a subsitute and soem time apple sauce will do in some recipe

Mrs. Stam said...

***Edit to SUBSTITUTIONS***

1 Cup sugar: 3/4 c honey, molasses,or corn syrups; reduce liquid in recipie by 1/4c., add 1/4t. soda, reduce oven temp by 25 degree

Sorry about Apple sauce it was on the next line for substitution!!!

Bek said...

thx for the update on murse.........hopefully she'll go from sore to soaring soon! :)

VICTORIA said...

So Glad to see that she is doing well! What a trooper!

Drea said...

very sweet pics.. she looks like a trooper. and wow hes growing so fast!