Friday, February 15, 2008

A Story about Lilypads

We all know how cute kids can be (and how un-cute they can be), but let me tell you about E boy being cute!
Even before I bought the awesome cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, I loved to sneak veggies into my kids food where I could.
Spinach is an easy one. I just chop it up fine and add it to lettuce.
I was making tacos and realized I had fresh spinach in the fridge, so I took it out, not remembering the kids were in the kitchen with me.
It was OK though.
Ethan wanted to know what I was doing so he came over to see, "Lily pads" he exclaimed!
"Like froggies sit on mommy."
Chuckling to myself, I agreed.
Yes lily pads Ethan.
And he never flinched while eating (not that it was even noticeable).

Sooo, today I thought I would capitalized on his excitement over eating lily pads.
Josh and i were having BLT's and E doesn't like tomatoes or lettuce, so I asked him it he wanted lily pads with his bacon and he was excited over the idea.
He ate it!


He is sooooo cute I love U E boy=)

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Great trick:) If only Lani was old enough to understand that!! LOL!!

Autumn said...

I like your new layout! Just stopping by to say HI :)

VICTORIA said...

LOVE this template! You gotta "show" me how to do that!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Cute new layout girl!!!

I LOVE the LILY PAD thing!!!! How sweet!!!!! My son hates Lettuce and Tomatoes too... makes it hard when we have BLT's for dinner!! LOL LOL

Summer said...

That is such a great idea!!

I like your blog layout!!