Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Week in Review ::Tuesday::

Tuesday

We got up and decided that this would be the best weather day to venture to the zoo.
We were right!
It was mid 50's and the sun was shinning bright.
We only had to wear sweatshirts to be comfortable.

The Indianapolis Zoo is BEAUTIFUL!
They have so many thing our zoo is lacking.

Our first encounter was with the walruses.


And an encounter they were!


The biggest one, Brutus, weighed 2.5 tons and stood 12 feet tall. He was quite a character, whistling to us and patting himself on the back. I could have stood there all day long.



I just love this picture of the little one!



Captured the bubbles and all!



This picture shows how interactive they were, they would nuzzle the glass when you pet them and give kisses...Oh how I miss these guys.

We went to see them twice, we just couldn't get enough!

We had 2 other favorite exhibits:

The Dolphin Dome

Check out the link for better pictures, my camera is far from good.
This is the best one.



You can see a few dolphins in the background

The Desert Dome was our other favorite.
If you have cable I am sure you have seen Meerkat Mansion, I think that is what it is called anyway.
So the kids were very excited to see Meerkats up close.



These guys were hilarious, they sat like this and stared at the ceiling for like 5 minutes, I couldn't stop laughing.



This picture is neat becasue, it is of a meerkat in an underground tunnel, but if you look close you can see my eyes and nose in the reflection on the left and ethan looking at something else in the reflection on the right. (You might have to click to make it bigger) And the little meerkat face is really cute!

Here are some random shots that I thought turned out really nice, even though I hate my camera!








If you ever go to Indiana the Indianapolis Zoo is a MUST!!

2 comments:

Autumn said...

FUN pics of the zoo! I can't get over how much Merci has grown. She looks a lot like you, Donna! And Ethan is adorable in his Easter outfit.

Margo said...

Fun! Fun! Fun!! :-) We just got from a zoo trip oursleves.