Sunday, October 17, 2010

Detox??

I recently heard about a rapid detox center. I am not quite sure how I feel about this...I do know people who are drug addicts and with all my heart would love to see them get away from that. But for the amount of money it costs, will it really solve their problems? I am pretty sure addiction to drugs, is hard to beat on many levels and not just the addiction one, I'm pretty sure people who rely on drugs have issues with their life and with themselves. Just getting away from the addiction doesn't stop the habit. But then again, if getting rid of the addiction to the chemicals will help that individual make better choices, and feel better about themselves, then I guess detox could help solve issues on different levels. A beginning I guess. A beginning of a long journey of many new choices and paths to fully get the individual back on path.

Have you known anyone to go through a detox for drugs? Did it help? Did it fail?

No comments: