Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where is my brain??

Last week I may have mentioned (on facebook for those who follow me there) that I was going to use my dishwasher for the first time. (after I installed a faucet that would work with it, after waiting for hubby for a few weeks...that was a disaster too)

My family chipped in and bought us a dishwasher, since we haven't had on in 7 years! We had no room in our old kitchen for a portable and since we rented we couldn't just tear out cabinets and install one. NOW that we have our own house we definitely have room for a portable, and will eventually make it permanent.

Anyway...back to my story.

I ran my dishwasher, I was super excited, UNTIL I opened the dishwasher to unload the dishes and found dishes covered in this film, it was nasty.
For days I was trying to figure out what was going on. I narrowed it down to no water...but couldn't figure out why there was no water. I was close to tears a few times and spent like 4 hours troubleshooting the past few days, even made a call to the company who told me my water wasn't warm enough-even after I told her there was no water inside the thing.
I did test the water temp, and it was hot enough...so then what??

So imagine me opening the dishwasher ever few minutes trying to quickly open it and see if there was water or if the spout was coming up or the spinny thing spinning...::such a blonde::

WELL...today I figured it out.

I feel so stupid...I didn't know you had to turn the faucet on, I thought the adapter made the water turn on some how....HAHAHA...::such a blonde::

So really this is one of the "blondest" things you have heard in awhile, isn't it???

It is running and I hear the water and I am sure the 5 dishes that have been the test dishes for days are gonna be sparkly clean=)

I am excited to dirty a bunch of dishes, so I can see them atually get clean.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Awww! I love you:) That is the funniest thing I have heard today!

amy said...

i don't think i would have know what to do either... i've never used a portable, and you don't have to turn the faucet on for mine.