Friday, January 05, 2007

Spoiled and HAPPY

Did I mention my hubby really spoiled me this year, well last year, for Christmas. So did everyone else. Jesus must really love me!
My favorite: slipcover for our ugly couches! Mom and dad got us a slipcover for our couch. My mom picked out a nice patterned one, but it really didn't go with our room, I was going for a different feel. So we exchanged it for plain chocolate brown. Oh how I love them!!!

Before



These couches were a blessing! We got them FREE. They are from LaZBoy, and very comfy.
They are in really great shape, I just really disliked the pattern and colors. So late 80's early 90's, you know, hunter green, and wine...BLAH!

After




Our living room and dining room are so wonderful now. I am almost 100% happy with our home (even though it isn't really ours). Thanks Lord for allowing us to be so much happier here!
If we had to move anytime soon, I would want to bring our walls with us!!

Now I just need to figure out how to get the creases, from being folded in the package, out!

5 comments:

Drea said...

I love free anything :-) in seminary we use to get free furniture all the time. With many students moving overseas to be missionaries they had to get rid of all their furniture. SO... our seminary apartment dumpster had LOADS and LOADS of furniture...especially during "graduation" time hahaha. Was always fun looking through the many items people got rid of :-)

Anonymous said...

beautiful slipcover! then u get to keep the comfyness! and im glad u got spoiled - i felt that way too this year!

Crystal said...

If you want to get the wrinkles out, you could try spraying it with lots of water and throwing it in the dryer. Had to do that all the time with my clothes that got easily wrinkled. The slipcover looks beautiful!

Margo said...

Beautiful Donna!

Kimber said...

Your place looks great Donna!!!