Sunday, April 23, 2006

Overwhelmed and Raging Hormones

I have been overwhelmed by my wonderful children lately. We just got done playing Monopoly Junior with our little Merci. I suppose she isn't so little anymore. She just looked really cute to me tonight for some reason. Especially since I got a few hours away from the kids today=) As we were sitting there we were listening to Carrie Underwoods cd. Merci knows most of the words to Jesus Take the Wheel, and she was sitting there, playing monopoly signing to the song, boppin her cute little head, and it occurred to me that she is really growing up. I almost cried in that instant. I love my girl so very much. A lot of times, I just am annoyed by the stupid things she is doing, but I need to take time and just watch her and just smile. Lately I have been really observing how mothers react to their 5 year old daughters. Today at church God kind of let me see a few interaction with girls and their mom's, in slow motion. He said to me, "See you aren't the only one who deals with this, and Merci isn't the only 5 year old that does it." I was humbled.
Lord, help me to take the time to understand Merci, help me to be slow to anger, slow to speak, but quick to understand, quick to take every incident as a learning tool. Jesus I want to be a good mommy. I really need more patience. Help me to appreciate my children more and more everyday!


Tonight Ethan was being so goofy. I love when he gets all crazy and acts goofy. It is so fun! Here is a picture to enjoy!




Oh yeah..Raging Hormones..I almost forgot. I live in a big, rundown city, some would call it the ghetto. All of our friends live in suburbs, and I don't really mind, most of the time. Our street is nice, our neigbors are all older and it's our home! Well, the time has come for warm weather and driving with the windows down. Is is just me or do you notice that men's hormones go sky high in the warmer weather?? So I was on the way to the grocery store the other night (only about 2 miles away) and got hit on 2 times. Some people would feel good about the so called compliments, but not me. Especially since one was an old drunk, and one was a decently overweight man. Maybe that is why it was so yucky. I wonder how I would feel if it was a hot man???? J/K So what does the neighborhood have to do with it?? There are too many "ghetto" people here. I am sure you understand! Good Night!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

You know Donna, I remember right before Amy got married you and I were going around to craft shops and stuff and getting ready to go out with the girls and get ice cream while the guys played halo. I remember you telling me how all these guys were hitting you and you were saying "I swear guys are so horrible in the summertime! Can't they see that I'm married and a mommy? Idiots." I still laugh about it to this day!

Bek said...

i love reading how you are soaking in all these moments with your children. they are so precious. and even reading your little prayers to God about merci. i bet He is so blessed. and yes, andy even admits it. most guys are thinking "summertime = more skin" and they get all hormonal. and its in the burbs too. :) lol

Jason said...

Was I the only one to notice that Ethan's feet almost fit into Donna's shoes?

Jason said...

You know what's funny? When old/fat/ugly/etc women hit on guys. I don't know how many times I've been out running/walking/etc and had some chick honk/yell/whistle at me. I know girls get it 10x as much. But I'm curious to see who did it...and it's just funny how many years(decades) separate us, or whatever.

Anyway, the difference between guys and girls is that guys laugh about it and feel encouraged (even from girls that are obviously not their "type"). Anyway, I guess I'm glad I don't have to put up with it as much as girls do.

Oh, plus I'm not really a "looker", so I don't know why I get these whistles and fly-by butt grabs in the first place.

Donna said...

Merci's shoes!

Ó Seasnáin said...

it's awesome that God is moving your heart that way toward Merci. How cool!

O, and my wife recently was hit on too! She was just walking and someone made the whistling sound, as I understand.

At least it's not Guadelajara - that was a community that took sexual harassment to a whole new level...