Friday, April 07, 2006

I am blessed

So, my previous post was about complaining about the car I do have.
Today as I was driving to and from taking Merci to school, I couldn't help but realize, how many people had to walk in the horrible rain storm. Kids were being splashed by passing cars, and mind you, those kids weren't even dressed for the rain, and I am sure they have to sit wet all day long. I saw people who probably didn't even have a warm, dry home to go to. And I sat in my car for 10 minutes because I didn't want to get a little wet from the walk to the house. I was humbled as God said, "I will provide, what are you worrying about? Have I let you down before? You have never been stranded. Quit your complaining." So I did! until I ventured tot he gas station and forked over $45 to the gas nazi's. Take time today to really reflect on the blessings God has given you! I sure will.

4 comments:

Ó Seasnáin said...

yes. I think we all have those little moments of correction. What else should we expect from ourselves, perfection?

it seems like we need them at times to keep us in check...I think.

Bek said...

that's great, donna. i felt similar feelings this week. i couldn't even complain about missing andy for four days when wendy doesn't have steve and papa doesn't have nina for the rest of their lives. its all perspective. and a recent stat i heard was interesting. people who keep conversations with their spouses mostly positive compared to negative(by a 5 to 1 ratio), are likely to succeed in marriage. people who have more negative words in their conversations over the years wear on the spouse, and have a high divorce rate. i found that very interesting. positive thoughts and words are very powerful. life and death are in the tongue. and out of the heart the mouth speaks.

Kat said...

donna, thank you for always being so humble and vulnerable. God loves your openness and willingness to be corrected :)

bek, thanks for the insight on the impact of negative words and marriage! i have to remember to encourage my honey today :)

Kimber said...

I love ya Donna!!!! I often find myself complaining and mumbling to myself (or others) and God comes and says, "Hey my beloved one...look around and see that you really are BLESSED and stop whinning please!!"