Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Got me thinking

I was just reading a blog I often visit. The lady who writes the blog lost her baby girl 1 year ago. Her baby was born, but was only in her moms arms for 7 hours. A sad, sad story I have been following. I just read her latest entry,where she shared what they did to remember their baby girl on the 1 year anniversary of her death. Her and her husband shared a cake and let 7 pink balloons into the air, to represent the 7 hours she was with them. This woman had shared her interest in eastern religions and has shared that she doesn't believe in God. I am always so crushed that the enemy has won in her situation. If I was in her shoes, I am not sure I would believe in God either, especially after having my baby taken away and recently loosing another baby. I am so thankful for my roots in the church. I am a very trusting, unquestioning person, but am bombarded with attacks of doubt from the enemy daily, thankfully it is easy for me to recognize the doubt and quickly turn from it.

Ask yourself....would you believe in God if numerous tragedies followed you?? (and you weren't rooted in a church as a child)

I was able to ask myself that. With all that has happened to my husband and I in the 5 1/2 years we have been married, and even when we were dating, we have been able to see God's faithfulness through it all and grow tremendously in our relationship with our God, but what if we didn't know God?? Where would we be? What would we do?

I feel so much pain for this fellow blogger. I have never lost a child, I have come close to loosing a husband though. I hope this tribute to their daughter can bring some kind of healing. It really helped me to go to the place of Josh's accident at the 1 year mark. It really brought closure to me. I used to get this gut wrenching feeling everytime I heard sirens, I used to think about it a lot, cry a lot. Now that is has been almost 3 years, I am much better. I am able to smile and give praises to God when I think about it. My husband is with me. But will this woman ever be able to look back and smile. Women I know that have lost children, born or unborn are able to talk about it and be peaceful about it, but I am sure it has something to do with having God in them.
I am sad because I know that without God her future only holds more hurt and more confusion.

Thank you God for loving me. Thank you for all you are and all you have done in my life. Where would I be without YOU???

8 comments:

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Very Sad!

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness how tragic. I thought about what you said about puting yourself in their shoes and I realize how you might question if God really is here. But as with you I've seen God at work in my own life and Caleb's. Thank you Jesus for loving us so unconditionally!

Bek said...

good questions....hard to think about....it does say in the Bible that all people are without excuse b/c God has made himself known, esp. in nature.....also i can't imagine where i would be without the upbringing in Christ i've had.... i have seen Him work mightily, though, where he pulls people in that have never known Him before and have no prior experiences with Him. that is what makes Him so powerful!!! asking Him to do the same for the blogger friend you're talking about.....

Kelly T. Moran said...

I like your insight on what if I didn't know God as a child, so many people who always grew up in the church forget that there are so many who never grew up knowing the things that they've always known, and that makes a difference in the way they live their life.

Autumn said...

When Andy and I lost our second baby, I was amazed at God's loving care for us... I understand a little better why the Holy Spirit is called our Comforter. A song that really ministered to my heart during that time was "Blessed be the Name" .. some words that come to mind are "You give and take away, you give and take away, my heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be Your name!" If you have ever known the distinction between soul and spirit that comes when you fast, what I experienced during our loss was similar. My soul and flesh were grieving terribly, but my spirit was standing stronger than ever and blessing the name of our God. His grace is more than enough, and I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Spirit, truly our Helper.

Ó Seasnáin said...

My mother still has trouble speaking of children she lost before any of my brothers or my sister were born.

I know what my life would be without the Lord. I would be worm feed.

We'll pray for this woman and her husband, to see the God through the grief.

Kimber said...

Very thought provoking post Donna!

I'm always amazed and grateful that the Lord rescued me out of darkness...and I pray that God open's this dear woman's eyes and softens her heart - because He loves her so much, and does care about the heartache she is walking through!

Kat said...

Donna, I so appreciate your tender heart -- "I am a very trusting, unquestioning person..." God is so touched by that trust. He loves to show you over and over why you should keep trusting Him. Is He great?!

I pray that your blogger friend would start to find little reasons every day to believe and know that she is loved by this great God!