Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hmmm...is it true??

Daily we hear about new ways to loose weight or new food that are good/bad for us. It is overwhelming to say the least. Today it is the Top 10 fat burning foods, tomorrow it is the No carbs diet that disses those Top 10 fat burning foods. There is so much pressure on us as a society to be healthy, to loose weight, to look good etc, but then every time we turn around there is a new fast food restaurant going up...I swear they will not stop until there is one on every other corner...

I'm just so sick of hearing about it you know? I need to loose weight...I look fat...does this make my butt look too big etc...

Do it for yourself, and not for others.

I love hearing the success stories, I don't like hearing the whining that goes along with it. And believe me, I do some of that whining. I have a blogger friend who is doing it! She has lost about 20 pounds, and it is just from better choices in her eating, not a strict diet, not a gym rat, just little by little and boy is it refreshing to hear her successes! She wants to feel comfortable in her skin, she doesn't want to deprive herself or complain when she eats a piece of cake etc...she is aiming for healthy not worldly acceptance!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

hope I've not been one of those whiners! I think the hardest part of losing weight is the internal struggle that goes along with it--as your mind let's go of society's d WORD (DIET) and embraces healthier choices, with some splurging in there. It is a really fine line--and even though I know for myself, that I SHOULDN'T beat myself up if I eat that candy or cookie (because they truly ARE once in a while) the voices I have heard all my life are yelling at me when I do. :) Slowly I am getting past that--but it's an incredibly hard thing to adjust to. Ya know?

Renata said...

Very good point. There is much more to your health than a number on the scale. Sometimes the number doesn't go anywhere, but the health gets better.