Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Heartwarming

Some people out there don't understand blogging. I have been blogging for 5+ years with well over 1500 posts. I don't think I could have stayed sane as a stay at home mom if I wasn't turned on to blogging. I've met some great people, met some in real life and still home to meet some in the future. It is nice to know there are people out there struggling with the same issues as you, or even celebrating the same things as you. It has been a great out let for me in so many ways, I am thankful for the opportunity. I still wish to be a famous paid blogger someday, but if I don't achieve that it's OK.

Anyway...I wanted to share with yo something that is going on in the blogging world right now.
There is this tiny baby Matthew who was born to parents that had been trying to conceived for years. Finally after many miscarriages and a loss of a baby in the middle of her pregnancy, she gave birth to Matthew at the end of August...and then sadly and suddenly passed away in her sleep a week after he was born. How awful? How heart wrenching? I just am saddened beyond belief every time I think about this. Matthews father knew that his wife really, really wanted to breastfeed Matthew. And thanks to many bloggers being selfless and generous many mothers around the area and some far away are sponsoring baby Matthew with their breast milk...how is awesome is that??? I was so amazed at this! At first I thought it kinda weird with lots of issues to deal with, but you know what??? I think it is amazing, and if I could, I would. We drink randoms cows milk (and cows are animals...ick) so why cant this baby drink some random mothers milk??? He isn't sucking on some random breasts... that might be weird...he is getting nutrition in the way his mother dreamed of giving him, and some selfless women have agreed to give that mother her dream when she lost her ultimate dream of being a mother.

YEAH for awesome bloggers in this awesome community we share.

No comments: