Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Baby

Today is Ethan's birthday. My mind cannot comprehend that he is 2 years old today. Where has time gone?? Seriously. I feel so old always saying this, but time is moving faster and faster everyday. Just yesterday I had this horrible little baby who cried 24 hours a day, he was really cute, and I was so excited to have a boy, but I didn't know if I could love him (he was really that bad!) I soon found many ways and reasons to love him.



Ethan Chase,
I first of all love your name! I love the way it sounds and the way is seems to fit together.
I love ALL the cute faces you make. I love your pointy eye teeth, and the way they stick out when you flash your handsome smile. I love the sophisticated way you wear your glasses. I love the way you will never admit that you have a dirty diaper, because you don't want to get changed. I love the way you sit on your potty, and when I tell you to put some "pee pee" in the potty you push your little wee wee down into the potty, like, see mom it is already in there. I love the way you cock your head when you are asking us a question. I love the way you touch my face when you have something important to say, it just melts my heart. I love the way you use your hands to say I don't know. I love the way you always have to have another of whatever I am giving you for your "sissy". I love the way you tell me "wook" when you are riding your bike, trying to let me know you will be going to work just like daddy! I love the way everything is mommy's, daddy's, or sissy's. I love your giggle, I love they way you kiss both of my cheeks. I love when you squeeze my face when you feel like passionately kissing me! I love EVERYTHING about you. You are already growing into such a caring, loving young man. I will continue to pray that you stay on God's path all of your life. I have this feeling you are going to be a powerful man of God. I pray that I would be able to be an great example and provider for you all the days of your life.
I love you so very much my baby boy!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

a great tribute to a great little boy! he is a joy : )

Kat said...

aawwww! so sweet and truly a great tribute :)

Jason said...

Happy bday, dude

Autumn said...

Happy birthday, Ethan! The kids and I were talking today about it being your birthday. Lookin' forward to a celebration! :)

Crystal said...

Happy birthday E-man!

Bek said...

awwwww! happy birthday! i love what you wrote, donna. isn't it awesome? there are so many things to love already at two years old!!!

VICTORIA said...

Time sure flies. I too cannot believe how big my babies have become in such a short time. Enjoy them while they are small.

Kimber said...

Those are a lot of great things to LOVE about Ethan! What a cutie pie! Happy birf day little one!

Donna - wish time didn't march on so fast - glad you are drinking it all in and enjoying so much. Kids are such a gift and you are a great mom!!

Blessings!