Monday, August 14, 2006

I can't believe I am having this discussion

Today in the car Merci informed me that she believes in true love. There was a song on the radio about believing in love and she has recently watch the movie Aquamarine a few times.
Aquamarine is about a two teenage girls who find a mermaid in their pool after a big storm. Aquamarine comes to land to find out if there is a such thing as true love, becasue her father the king mermaid tells her there is no such thing as true love.

Merci also got a book for her birthday THE PRINCESS AND THE KISS.
I highly recommend it for anyone with a little girl.
Story about purity...A princess is given a magical present when she is born (a kiss), she searches and searches for someone special enough to give it to..she finally finds a peasant man who is wonderful and has saved his special magical present of his first kiss also..so cute!

Merci went on to talk about how Aquamarine's dad doesn't believe in true love, but how she believes in true love, and when you meet your true love then you can give away your kiss...she began to ask question and inform me of some things , "Mom what if I don't knwo my true love?" "Mom what if I don't know where my true love lives?"(Hilarious) "Mom I love my brother, maybe I will just marry him" and last but not least she informed me that she has already found her true love"Jonathan" and he loves her too!

Oh Boy! I am in for a long road!!

8 comments:

Jason said...

Just make sure she saves her kiss

Donna said...

I will try my hardest...but as we all know there is only so much I can do!!

Margo said...

LoL! :-) Oh, the joys of having a little girl!! She sounds sweet.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!!

Rhonda said...

it's a little scary having little girls, eh? she sounds like a sweet little girl who likes to think things through. :)

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and i'm sorry it's taken me so long to visit yours. i'm bookmarking it, and hope to see you visit me again!

Kimber said...

Donna - just wait till a little boy starts calling her and she is only in 2nd Grade - that happened with Madison - OMG....and we had to have a long talk about "saving her kiss"....

Merci is such a sweetie - and obviously one who wants to "figure things out"...and that is not a bad thing :) Recently, I have been praying that for my kids "true love" and praying that they have the strength and courage to WAIT for them!!

Kat said...

too cute! i love the idea of 'saving her kiss' and that she might just marry her brother because she loves him :)

Bek said...

i remember thinking about those subjects and asking those types of questions when i was 5ish too......for that matter, i remember asking those types of questions when i was 21 :)