Sunday, September 11, 2005

Tweezers and a outlet don't mix!

My little Merci learned the hard way that tweezers don't belong in an electrical outlet!
I was sitting here at my computer commenting on Autumn's blog, when the computer and lights went out, and I heard horrible screams and bangs upstairs. I was really scared so I just sat here for a moment. Merci was screaming blood curdling screams. Josh was holding her at the top of the stairs. I kept asking her if she got shocked and she said no. I demanded to see her hands, remembering what happened to Josh when he got electrocuted. Nothing there. I go into the bathroom and look around. Kind of giggling I tell Josh what I see. Tweezers hanging out of the outlet!! We lecture Merci about how we ALWAYS tell her to not play around in the bathroom. We, Josh and I, start laughing. The tweezers and outlet are both a little melted. But everyone is AOK!! Thank You Jesus for keeping those angels close by my family..we need it=)

One of my favorite moms, once said "you don't really need entertainment when you have kids, do you??" No you sure don't. I only have 2 but she has 6, I can't imagine what kind of things go on in that house everyday!!

10 comments:

amy said...

yikes! thank you, lord, for protecting merci. so good that you can laugh about it instead of a prob!

Autumn said...

I did something similar when I was a youngster... except I used a bobby pin instead of tweezers. I, on the other hand, DID get electrocuted (is that spelled right?) and still remember what the melted bobby pin looked like.

Jason said...

I remember putting a green crayon in an outlet. My mom got really mad about that one...they couldn't get the crayon back out!

Grammabear said...

Hey Donna, get some of those plastic covers that plug into the outlets! Soon it will be Ethan's turn to explore tiny crevices that look so very interesting! I'm so glad she didn't get seriously injured, I know that God is looking out for all of you.

Donna said...

We have them everywhere, except in the bathroom. We figured since it was way off the ground it would be ok. But I will add some there also!

Angela said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Glad she is ok!

Kelmo said...

Jason also stuck a pencil in the outlet and instead of letting go, he decided to hold on and yell as his body was convulsing. My mom had to run across the room and when she went to pick him up she began to get electrocuted herself...my brother just laughed it off. And now we all know how Jason has gotten to be how he is today.

Bek said...

i think i need to get out my little plastic outlet covers today...

O'Seasnain said...

I have a few electricity/electricution-related stories: 1. my friends and I played with a lamp after removing the light bulb - entertaining because our hair stood up, 2. while trying to fix a fuse box I got knocked back into our old ping-pong table, breaking the net on one side, 3. remember the mercury thermometers? I thought it would be neat to put one on a lightbulb, so I stuck it between two bulbs in my parents upstairs bathroom and it exploded, taking out one of the lights...

Ah, the list goes on. Childhood and electricity are really hand in hand for me, I guess.

Jaime said...

Yikes!! That could've turned out MUCH worse! I'm with Amy! :)
So glad she's okay!!