Saturday, December 23, 2006

So MUCH & CHRISTmas 9 of 12

It has been hard to keep up with my blog with all that has been going on, Christmas, 2 funerals, unexpected visitors, computer problemse etc.

Let's start with the worst news. 2 funerals within 2 weeks. Saturday Dec 2, my great uncle died. On Dec 9 his wife, my grandma's sister died. I wasn't very close to them but obviously my mom and grandma were. One good thing that we got out of it was that my aunt and uncle who weren't going to be here for Christmas, got to be here!

Merci got an early Christmas present from gumma and papa. She got a little baby gerbil. He or she is sooo cute. But I already regret saying YES! So messy.

We went down to Tower City to see the Toy Soldier, like every year. Ethan would dance with the lady but not the Toy Soldier himself.

I did end up with an A in English!!!!

Christmas shopping is done. Christmas baking is done. Just waiting for Christmas to show up!

Ethan is now a big boy. We took out his toddler bed yeasterday. There was no sense keeping him in the crib that he wouldn't stop climbing out of. He isn't so sure he likes it. He keeps asking where the gate went. He ended up on the floor in our room last night after he woke up with a fever=(

Between Ethan waking up every 30 minutes or so, and the 8 gun shots at 3 this morning, I didn't get a good nights sleep. I was pretty scared after hearing the gun shots, but never did hear any sirens, so hopefully the gun was fired at nothing. It was pretty close, maybe the next street or so, it woke Josh and I up. I can't find anything on the news sites, so I hope nothing else comes of it.

I haven't gotten through all of my 12 days of Christams, but I will continue them becasue there are some pretty good ones.

Eternal Glory

    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV)

If our present day situation is disturbing to us, perhaps there's something beyond our natural sight in the works, but not yet accomplished. The trouble we face today may be acheiving an eternal purpose so much better than we can imagine.

Remember that what we see right now is only temporary. What is most important, though we may not yet be able to see , is eternal.

I was going to post pictures, but our computer problems are very persistant, so I am having a hard time staying connected to the internet.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

4 comments:

coco-not said...

I hope that God bless your home.

Anonymous said...

merry christmas donna!!! congrats on your school achievements...that is fantastic :)!!! have a wonderful and blessed new year.

Crystal said...

Wow, I pray that God protects you. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Kat said...

Merry Christmas! I pray for God's protection, love, and peace for your family. I hope this new year is filled with blessing and laughter :)