Monday, December 11, 2006

A Little Fun

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, hand down! My favorite id Swiss Miss French Vanilla Hot Cocoa

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Wrap them! We wait until the kids are in bed Christmas Eve night and then bring them out and set them under the tree!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white most of the time!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but maybe I want to this year,i need to go buy some.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I would love to do it the day after Thanksgiving but Josh isn't a huge Christmas fan,so we usually don't get them all up until about 2 weeks before Christmas..we just got our tree last night, i haven't even had energy to do the lights or ornaments yet

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Cheesy potatoes,my Aunt makes one kind and my mom makes another..lots of carbs, but YUMMY

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Snooping around the house for our gifts..one year I found a receipt and ruined my whole Christmas=( I also like seeing the tree with all the presents piled up on Christmas morning.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mom never lied to us! We don't let our kids get carried away with Santa, I don't want Santa being the focus of Christmas instead of Jesus. They can visit Santa and get pictures that is fine, but we don't go out of our way to lie about him

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I usually buy and ornament for them to buy...but we also have a family gathering on Christmas Eve so we get to open lots of presents!!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Silver, and white. I love snowflakes so the majority of our ornaments are snowflakes, and then there are ones thrown in from when we were kids and the kids first Christmas ornaments etc. You need a little splash of color!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Only love it on Christmas Eve and Christmas, or if I don't have to go out in it!

12. Can you ice skate? Uh-huh! i went every Friday night for like 4 years+

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My Tanzanite and Diamond tennis bracelet on our first Christmas (He overdrew our bank account for it!! LOL)

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Trying to instill in my children a heavenly understanding of it and not a worldly one. I love to give gift to everyone, and spoil my hubby and kids.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Don't have many yet, I just like waking up early and getting the kids up to open their gifts.

17. What tops your tree? My tree s bare right now, but there will be a white glittery star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both...if I just get one gift I am happy. i like the silly little things Merci picks out for me!!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Little Drummer Boy, the new version by some Christian artist, and that one song I don't know the name of... I will have to get back to you..LOL

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum Yum, I like the Spree ones, and other yummy flavored ones, not too fond of pepermint.

I am supposed to tag people, but I won't, because they won't do it anyway. but you can respond to some in the comments!

7 comments:

Jason said...

Jars of Clay (Little Drummer Boy)?

Donna said...

Yeah,I think so!

Anonymous said...

andy loves that song and version - it makes him cry :) - i'm all for pie and white lites, but i have to pick eggnog over hot chocolate

Anonymous said...

White Lights :) Jars of Clay's version is awesome!

Hot Chocolate over eggnog and ice skating is the ONE thing that I can do better than my hubby - He is GREAT at everything - so it is fun having that ONE thing...not that we go very often....but when we do - ha!

Kimber

Anonymous said...

Donna- Had to leave you an anonymous comment, sorry - but it wasn't taking my blogger account?

Kimber

VICTORIA said...

Very cute! Hmmm, wonder who you got that from, heehee. Hey, wondering, check out my blog...the side/about me spot has been at the bottom of my blog page 4 EVER, how do I fix that? can't get ideas from the FAQ's.

Donna said...

I am so silly, we do have a tradition, we g downtown to see the Toy Soldier and get dinner and walk around to see the lights!