Monday, November 20, 2006

To My Husband

This morning as I was checking blogs to see what I missed the last few days, I saw THIS.
I was excited and thought I should do the same. Last night I was feeling overwhelmed by my disorganized and very messy house due to the busyness of this weekend. Josh had gone downstairs to the computer to play with his new toy, an iPod Nano. I had to make dinner in a horribly messy kitchen, and the kids were being very noisy and wild...which I have a very hard time dealing with, I like peacefulness=) I got mad and was thinking of how I wished he was at work or something, since he wasn't being helpful anyway. He did come up and help me wash some dishes, so I wasn't super mad, but still annoyed that he thought he could just waltz off and do his own thing in the first place. My selfishness, not his. And really I love the little time he is home and cherish it more than anything, I was just being a grump...Sorry babe!

Today after I put Ethan down to nap, I laid on my bed and picked up the opened Bible next to my bed, Which happens to be a couple's devotional Bible. Last week I had been reading in Ephesians (the same verses our pastor talked about yesterday...kinda cool), and I began to skim over the stuff I had been reading to refresh my memory. What stood out to me, which I wanted to blog about, just to remind all of you was:

Ephesians 3:20, "Now to Him who is able to immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"

I then remembered the conversation Josh an I had with his mother yesterday about Joy. So I looked up 1 Peter 1 and read it. Good verse on Joy!! I looked over to the little devotional for the day titled "Differences Strengthen Us" so I began to read it and it was a good reminder to me...and probably for a lot of you also.

Here are some excerpts:

Passage for the day 1 Peter 1:3-9

Mike Mason, in his book The Mystery of Marriage, uses the word "otherness" to describe the ways in which spouses are different. He observes, "Our natural tendency is to treat people as if they were not others at all, but merely aspects of ourselves. We do not experience as the overwhelming, comprehensive realities which we feel ourselves to be. Compared with us, they are not quite real."

We are always growing toward the understanding that the person we married does not innately think and respond as we would. He or she is a different person, a mystery well worth the time it takes to unravel.

God was really cool in the way he took me to these verses and I am thankful, because I definitely need to uplift my husband in any way I can!

SOOOOOO Here are 13 things I love about my husband.

1. The smell of his skin.
2. His goofiness, although rare.
3. His hugs.
4. His faithfulness to providing for this family. He works outside when it is 99 degree+ or when it is 10 degrees-. I couldn't do it, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
5. His random cards or flowers, he isn't big on remembering holidays, but when it is out of nowhere, it means so much more!
6. His LOVE. I am SO thankful I don't have to wonder if my husband really loves me. I can feel it.
7. His growth as a father.
8. His childish excitement in the things he likes...cars, tools...=)
9. His striving to get his business started, You can do it babe, you can do anything, don't be scared, don't worry you will do fine!!
10. His booty...so squishy and firm...hee hee. (don't blush babe)
11. That he is learning to find good deals, like me. LOL. One of the main reasons I am not mad about the Nano...LOL!! you deserve it.
12. His tolerance of me.
13. The way he and I just work together, no matter our differences.

I love you in so many ways I cannot list them all. Thanks for wanting me, thanks for sticking by me, you could have so easily left me with Merci to worry about for the rest of my life but you stuck by my side through these hard 6 years. I Love you Joshua Ray, more than I could ever express.

XOXOXO


4 comments:

Bek said...

i LOVE what you put in bold "he is a mystery....so worth the time it takes to unravel..." wow....i've never heard it put that way....and i like #1....i love the smell of my husband's skin too...and my baby's...:)

CalebSchuster said...

His bootay huh? LOL it must be a Schuster trait. Caleb's got a nice one too! hehe

Crystal said...

Oh woops, that was supposed to be me! LOL Caleb isn't bragging about himself y'all haha!

Margo said...

This is so sweet. You've inspired me to do the same thing for my hsband.