Thursday, November 16, 2006

Nobody likes cranberry sauce

One year my family wondered why we served canned cranberry sauce, because nobody ate it but my grandma. The next year we decided to try some new recipes to spice Thanksgiving up a bit.
I found this recipe and everybody LOVES it! i get special requests every year. Try it!

Three Fruit Relish
from Taste of Home magazine

1C Sugar
1/2C orange marmalade
1tsp lemon juice
1 pkg (12 oz) fresh cranberries or frozen (I have never tried frozen)
finely chopped (Pampered Chef chopper works GREAT)
2C fresh raspberries ( I use frozen fresh are too pricey this time of the year)
2 medium tart apples, diced (chopper works great here too)

In a large bowl combine sugar, marmalade, and lemon juice; mix well.
Stir in cranberries, raspberries and apples.
Cover and refrigerate until serving.

I have found if you let it sit over night the flavors mix and it tastes better!!
Enjoy.

5 comments:

Jason said...

I agree, cranberry sauce sucks

Bek said...

oooh sounds delish - -but i love my whole berry cran sauce

Kimber said...

Yuck to the craberry stuff - but your recipe sounds good :)

Kat said...

i happen to like cranberry sauce and your recipe sounds yummy -- thanks for sharing : )

Margo said...

I made a cranberry banana bread this year. You can find the recipe at allrecipes.com. Just do a search for "cranberry banana bread". It's a good alternative.