Friday, September 29, 2006

HE loves ME

God is so good!

Last night I called my husband and requested he come home RIGHT NOW. I had explained to my husband how I needed to go to Tri-C campus to take a test that day. I am doing online classes, but for Medical Terminology, I have to take 4 tests at the testing center throughout the semester. It makes sense, they have to gauge your knowledge somehow, if I was to take all my classes online, I could just cheat the whole time. So anyhow, the testing center was open until 8 last night and only 4:30 today, which means I couldn't do it today, I would need a babysitter. Yesturday we woke up to rain so I asked Josh if I could just go take the test after I dropped Merci off at school, he told me he really had to finish the house he was wroking on, even in the rain, and said he would probably be home in a few hours. I waited and waited and waited all day, it stopped raining so there was other stuff he had to take care of. 5:30 came and that is when I made the demanding phone call. He was home before 6. I made it to Tri-C a little after 7 and began the test. I knew all the answers. There were only 2 I just couldn't remeber. Exostosis- an abnormal growth on the surface of the bone which doesn't make sense in my mind becasue the prefix exo means outside, and osis menas conditon of, so what does the stupid st mean?? This is a term that can't be defined by it's components.
The other one was to provide a correctly spelled term for excision of a striated muscle it should be rhabdectomy, I couldn't remember rhabdo--uggg!
So anyway...I was feeling all tense becasue I had to go take that test, and had to be there in time and it didn't look like that was going to happen, and to top that off I had made a nice dinner and my children were refusing to eat. Ethan is in the wonderful stage of terrible two's and refuses to each much of anything these days, and Merci doesn't really like rice, and isn't fond of meat. We always make her eat the meat..she just doesn't like chewing it. We usually only eat white meats, because I don't eat beef. So on top of Merci complaing that it was grose, and Ethan throwing the food all over, I was just so angry. I just couldn't stop yelling, I wanted to screm and yell, I wanted to tell Josh off for working so much ( even though it is something he has to do to support us). I just needed to get OUT!! Besides Josh was out of town ALL last week, so I hadn't been away from teh kids in a long time!

After I took the test I was feeling pretty confident in myself. I decided to go SHOPPING=) I needed to get a gift for a birthday party Merci is going to this evening. So I went to Toys r Us, they are having some AWESOME sales...Buy 2 get the 3rd free on a lot of the populat toy collections I got 3 My Littlest Pet shop animals for less that $10. 1 for the gift and 2 for Merci for Christmas! I then went to Target and found some jeans for Merci, all of her's are like 2 inches too short on her, poor girl! $8 and they are cute=) I also found a school shirt for $2.48, I LOVE good deals=) Ialso picked up some little things from the dollar section for the gift! And who can resist a box of Little Debbies for a night snack=) I went to pay and couldn't find the debit card Josh had given me from his account...UH OH. I immediatley prayed that God would reveal it's hiding place. I was freaking out but paid with my card. I drove back to Toys R Us with only 2 minutes left until closing. I approached the counter and saw my cashier and asked I had left my credit card. Yes they had it Some lady had found it in the parking lot...I have NO idea how it got there!

So after a good test, some good deals, a good deed, and a Little Debbie, I was ready to head home! I feel much better today=) And we have a dte night tonight=)

5 comments:

Jason said...

Exostosis- an abnormal growth on the surface of the bone.

The "exo" means outside makes plenty of sense (the SURFACE of the bone is the OUTSIDE of the bone).

ost/oste/osteo is the prefix meaning "bone".

Therefore, Exostosis is the CONDITION OF a growth on the OUTSIDE/EXTERNAL part of a BONE

Autumn said...

oh, we are having a date night too! I hope you guys get some refreshment from your time alone. :)

Donna said...

exostosis
Jason thanks, I totally never saw the osteo in there
exo+osteo+osis=ex (drop o becasue root begins with vowel)+osteo (drop eo because suffix begins with vowel)+osis=
exostosis

Oh you are a genious. I knew all I had to do was get another persons view on it!! Hopefully I will remeber in the future!

You didn't even take med terminology did you??

Jason said...

No medical terminology but in Chemistry lots of words got easier as I started putting roots/prefix/suffix/etc together.

The "ost" sounded familiar (osteoperosis), and that has to do with bones as well.

Bek said...

yeah for date nite after all that !!! and happy school is going well!!!!!!!!